Sunday, December 27, 2009

Fountain at Place des Vosges


I remember wandering around aimlessly in Paris during my European holiday this year and what really caught my attention during my 8 day stay there was the beautiful fountains they have. Back in the day, fountains were served as drinking water but now they serve as tourist attractions and symbolic features of the city.

One fine morning I decided to bring my pashmina, my notebook and pen and was on a mission to write next to any of those beautiful fountains.

Oh, the joy when I found a gorgeous fountain when I was walking around near Bastille station, I am pretty sure I was in the Marais district.
The place consisted of 4 fountains, each with 2 stone circular basins, it was surrounded by a gorgeous garden and a Pavillion.

Anyway, I laid my pashmina on the grass and thought "God, this is unreal!!"
The cool wind breeze, the peaceful silence, the smell of damp grass, the sight of lions' head spouting water into the circular basin was enough to make me feel like I was in heaven! (yes that's my vision of heaven!)

Ok, I got carried away there, I will dedicate a post solely for fountains in Paris in the near future.

My head was full of random words so I tried my best to put all the words into sentences and came up with this writing which is yet to have a title, enjoy!

There is silence in the hallway
I can picture a Mesopotamian statue of desire, lust and love
Frail, like pebbles in Jardin du Luxembourg
I'm half in love with a shadow

I will try to capture the tickling wind
How dare he tear my heart apart
Cold as amber place on my cheek
Drawings of Las Ramblas tire me

Swan shaped murano glass stare at me
I am passionate behind locked doors
I feel naked, spare me a blanket
I bet the heavens are laughing at my foolishness

Maybe I am a sad case with no skin left to shed
A simple gesture is a kind miracle
The clear blue sky knows me by name
Perhaps all I want is one colour







No comments: