Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Famous Quotations

Words..how strong and weak they make me..mere words sewn together to create purpose, sometimes deliberate other times serve as thoughts dripped out loud.

I decided to go and hunt for strong quotes by famous people that influenced and moved so many people and helped change the world.

The one man in our living society whom I believe chooses his words carefully and beautifully is no other than Barack Obama. He has the gift of captivating his listeners.
I am yet to collect his moving speeches.

My current favorites include:

But fight we must; and conquer we shall; in the end. -Abraham Lincoln- US President

"And what about the cash, my existence's jewel?" -Charles Dickens- British Novelist

The omnipotence of evil has never resulted in anything but fruitless efforts. Our thoughts always escape from whoever tries to smother them. -Victor Hugo- French poet, novelist, playwright, essayist

What is it men in women do require?
The lineaments of Gratified Desire.
What is it women do in men require?
The lineaments of Gratified Desire.
-William Blake- British poet, painter, engraver





No comments: