Thursday, August 18, 2011

Run Faster!

I have long forgotten the amazing therapy running can give me. It has officially been months since I've actually been on an evening run after work. This evening I took the initiative to taste the night air and let the wind chill blow my cheeks. Oh boy, did it feel liberating!!! Not only did I feel the need to run off my massive dinner and dessert but I felt that it got rid of all the headache I've been dealing with at work, all the pain I've had to endure, well basically it re-energized me and I came home tired but I felt like I've competed and won 2nd place. Not 1st place as traces of bad memories and heartache trailed behind which forced me to run faster, and at times I feel defeated so I'll let my bad memories take 1st place!

You cannot catch me so quickly, I've prepared myself this time
84 days of pain you caused comes trailing behind me, not far behind
I feel tired, not once did I look back, my heart beats faster, my hands are cold
It's amazing how darkness wants to take my spot, but I can run faster!

No comments: