Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Baby, Honey, Darling

I couldn't cry last night. I really wanted to but my eyes had no spare tears to make me feel better.
Not even a drop of tear. I closed my eyes really hard and tried to squeeze the tears out.
I had to be satisfied with a blank stare. An empty stare. A foolish heart. Once again I let my heart take a beating, and boy was it a tough one. But now I've found my place. and it is not with him. Yet this is a lonely dedication to him.

Baby, you and I look great together. Your hug is perfect for this miserable weather.
Out of all the people, I secretly hoped it would be you, who would take the lead and together we can conquer the world.
You smiled, I looked deep into your eyes, and there it is, paradise. Built just for us. When you took me by the hand, that's when I surrendered everything of me to you.

Honey, when you let go of my hand and went the other way, I closed my eyes and ran for cover.
I waited for your return but you never did, so I said hello to darkness and goodbye to sunshine.
It happened so quick, you came, built me shelter and you burned it down before I could even rest my tired eyes.

Darling, I am too tired to lift my head up. I just want to sit here and hold the nothingness that once was something. You changed your tune so I pressed mute. My whole life stopped. I thought you loved me. I really did. And my heart will eventually learn to forget how you loved me.

No comments: