Saturday, January 02, 2010

Lonely

Every once in awhile, I get loneliness creeping in and slowly wrap its cold arms around me. I know it's normal to feel that way, especially when I'm single and don't have a steady person I can call up to warm my bed, so to speak.

I do, however have my friends to thank when loneliness decides to drop by and check in on me, I am so lucky to have them, but having said that I also know that I can't always rely on them, they have their own problems to deal with, so I don't expect them to always be there for me when I'm feeling low.

I realized that eventually I just have to deal with it, at the end of the day I am all alone.

I made this writing on the 22nd of July 2008. I obviously was feeling very lonely and vulnerable. I was going through some hard times maintaining friendships and relationships.
I was at that stage where I felt my friends were judging ME for being who I am, judging my life decisions, and criticizing everything about ME. Perhaps they wanted the old ME back.

But I did what I did, and I never looked back. My decisions made me who I am now and I actually have my so-called friends to thank for their criticism and judgement for it planted a brick somewhere in my body and made me a thicker person. They can slap me once but I will make sure I keep their pinky finger :)

This particular writing style I would say is very commercial, you can almost make it a poppy love song (lets pray it gets to the Top 40 chart!). I used simple writing because I simply wanted a simple life. I had enough of other people judging me, at times I question myself for allowing their judgement get to me. Hmm...something to write about later!

Come closer, I just want to rest on your chest for a while
Nothing serious, I think I'm feeling a bit vulnerable right now
If I ask you to hold my hand please don't say no
I think I might need you to help me out this time around

I say I don't need you but maybe I lied just a little bit
I thought I wouldn't think of you but I thought wrong
I tried to forget about you but all I could remember is you
I figured I would be alright but right now, I'm not

Denial seemed like a good option but honestly, I'm breaking down
'If only' would do nothing to make me feel better, I just want you
I want to hold you tight and tell you how lonely I've become
I'd cease the day to have one moment just to be with you

No comments: